1. Arf's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

2. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

3. Billy Casper's World's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

It could have been great but it just comes across as bland and muddled. It's got a powerful message but it's got too much going on for no coherent reason, that it loses it's power. I don't think it's a story that adapts well to the screen, it may have worked better as a TV series. It's worth watching for Doona Bae alone.

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

5. riraru's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

Aufregendes Revolutionendrama; überraschend blutig und wenig sinn- oder moralüberladen. Sehr wandlungsfähiges Ensemble, was ich erst im Abspann mitbekam.

6. nargs_au's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

Simply amazing, I was captIvated the whole time, nothing is predictable in this film, after 30mins, you're hooked.

7. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

Should not have been a film. David Mitchell is about literary flourish more than 'story'. Does not translate well.

8. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

9. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

The intercuts are so masterful that it keeps the audience engaged in every storyline and the characters within them for the entire 170-minute runtime. That is a difficult feat to accomplish. Excellent directing from Tykwer and the Wachowskis; and of course excellent multi-character performances from the entire cast of primary actors.

10. runfromfire's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

I dug it. It wasn't as revolutionary as it wanted to be but it was definitely interesting. And I don't know, maybe I'm a closet romantic but that "love across time and space" shit at the end kinda got me.

11. Tixier's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

Jetées d'Hollywood au sortir de Speed Racer, les Wachowski entament, cette fois-ci en compagnie du réalisateur Tom Tykwer, ce qui sera le film indépendant le plus cher de l'histoire. D'une ambition démesurée, Cloud Atlas est une épopée à travers le temps certes un peu inégale, mais absolument renversante.

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

I'm not sure it's possible to make a coherent movie out of this book. It's so obsessed with a particular type of overlapping narrative and structure that it tends to fall in on itself. It was a bad choice to use the same actors, even though it worked better with the themes. I'm sorry, but Tom Hanks cannot play a wide variety of characters. I understand he's very likeable, but he just doesn't have the range.

13. Joel's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

A LOT of a film. Full of some great ideas exploding like fireworks before you. All in all. I'm glad I had a cold and I'm glad I watched this film.

14. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

Even Hanks' acting was horrible in this, and that's telling.

15. quiteemotional's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

16. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

2-3. Technically impressively edited, but really not worth the time I put into it for themes that mostly don't go any deeper than 'Love is good' or 'Racism is bad'. And yanking any one of the stories away from the others forces some of these sentiments into the harsh light of day, as is noticeable particularly in the mystery and historical 'friends with a slave' narratives.

17. Caro luna's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

18. zohen lux's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

oh man i thought this was brilliant

19. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

The first film in a long time to make me forget that I was sitting in a cinema. Its sprawling narrative spans so many lifetimes, it hyperbolically poses the question: are we doomed to repeat ourselves over and over again or can we ever rise above our past errors? A beautiful, thought provoking film.

20. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

21. José Carlos Pereyra León's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

22. ceknklsn's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

23. sapovski's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

Although it might not be the best movie ever directed technically I adore its storyline and the deep connections shown throughout the whole movie. One of my favourites.

24. nejurgi's rating of the film Cloud Atlas

I agree it's a lot of things blended into one. nevertheless, the ideas that the film is addressing are accessible unlike a lot of 'smart' films