1. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Deep Red

2. Tatami's rating of the film Deep Red

Unlike Suspiria the films doesn't offer that much visually. The first few minutes are great but the film drags on. Some turns are as usual silly and the writing is weak, with elements popping up only when you need them to push the plot forward and leaving after serving their purpose. The murder scenes are good fun however.

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film Deep Red

4. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Deep Red

Although it's probably churlish to suggest, but this film would benefit from editing down solely to it's half-dozen surges of Grand Guignol horror as there is little else besides the undoubted visual flair to sustain two hours, certainly not the wooden marionette-like characterisation, incongruous rock music score or plot schisms. However I suppose the door into this film is clearly labelled...

5. William's rating of the film Deep Red

David Hemmings spends 10+ minutes of screen time (accompanied by Goblin funking it up of course) wandering around the old mansion, but his thoroughness in wall-scraping leaves much to be desired.

6. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Deep Red

7. andretz's rating of the film Deep Red

8. Michael Peer's rating of the film Deep Red

While I am by no means a Dario Argento aficionado, of what I've seen - DEEP RED is easily my favorite film of his oeuvre. What surprised me wasn't the horror and shocking gore, it was his human moments. The best scene Argento has ever directed is the arm-wrestling scene in this film. It's hilarious and had me giddy. The rest of the film is beautiful and shocking with a haunting score that was sampled in Noe's LOVE.

9. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Deep Red

10. Patricia's rating of the film Deep Red

Very interesting film, sad how the mom ruined the boy, hence the drinking and crazy life the murder leads. For a minute I thought is was the gay lover, but no I was wrong lol

11. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Deep Red

12. sizelando's rating of the film Deep Red

Quite fascinating, incredibly orchestrated murder scenes, some lapses in attention in between.

13. babycakesromero's rating of the film Deep Red

why is this film so good? cos dario agento made it and that man knows what he is doing. a beautiful horror show

14. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Deep Red

I enjoyed the setpeices and the grandiose, baroque visual style. The MUBI version was English language dubbed into Italian with English subtitles. This was endlessly distracting.

15. Dogville59's rating of the film Deep Red

This was so good. So many twists, grisly murders, awesome cinematography and colours. Almost constant suspense and even the humorous aspects heightened the tension because they didn't fit in with the scene. No wonder Dario Argento is so respected amongst filmmakers.

16. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Deep Red

Excellent beginning, beautiful images, weak ending.

17. ant's rating of the film Deep Red

Amazing cinematography, amazing soundtrack, fair amount of gory scenes. Pity it's all dubbed, I wonder if it was shot in english.

18. McOpinionated's rating of the film Deep Red

Not unwatchable, but maybe one for the cinema historian rather than someone who enjoys films and had better things to do than watch (most of) this.

19. SiIencio's rating of the film Deep Red

Vanguardist mise en scene, light and sound and a gripping camerawork utilised with grandiose architectural precision. Argento's avant garde and baroque style of cinema delivers a deep sensorial experience underpinned by an electric score arguably not matched by the imprecise and pedestrian plot and a sort of gore infused with Looney Tunes influences rather than a more formal and serious take on the horror genre.

20. Ladyslobberin's rating of the film Deep Red

A great Argento. Suspenseful in the last half as usual and with that wonderful wonderful blood.

21. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Deep Red

22. Anita G's rating of the film Deep Red

Can't usually watch horror films but this one is so funny (I'm not sure its supposed to be) and stylish that its impossible not to get drawn in. Italians love their drama, but this film isn't exactly progressive in its approach to mental health issues ! The music score is great and adds to the peculiarity of the whole experience. A masterclass in colour. light and shadow. Interested to see more Argento now.

23. chazell's rating of the film Deep Red

old italian police tape is beautiful, and so are some decapitations

24. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Deep Red