1. MisterColo93's rating of the film Deep Red

2. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Deep Red

there's some cool design stuff and some dope kills but it's way way less than the sum of its parts. I feel like Argento gets away with a lot of gratingly stupid shit in his movies just because he has nice taste in interior design

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Deep Red

Dario Argento's stylish giallo thriller is clearly so perfectly done that it was hard to ever top this later. Artistic murder set pieces blended with the music of Goblin make this a beautiful film. See the opening scene and the big influence on "Halloween" a few years later. As with all Argento's films story substance is lacking over style, but this is such an absorbing visual experience it is hard to not love it.

4. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Deep Red

Beautifully shot and edited, this colorful, mysterious and suspenseful piece of Italian horror is definitely a feast for the senses. The phenomenal use of the camera, accompanied by a outright killer soundtrack makes this a tremendously gripping and entertaining experience. Strongly recommended.

5. jennyt's rating of the film Deep Red

re-watched this again today and still just as beautiful as i remembered

6. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Deep Red

7. Tatami's rating of the film Deep Red

Unlike Suspiria the films doesn't offer that much visually. The first few minutes are great but the film drags on. Some turns are as usual silly and the writing is weak, with elements popping up only when you need them to push the plot forward and leaving after serving their purpose. The murder scenes are good fun however.

8. Nachtreich's rating of the film Deep Red

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Deep Red

Although it's probably churlish to suggest, but this film would benefit from editing down solely to it's half-dozen surges of Grand Guignol horror as there is little else besides the undoubted visual flair to sustain two hours, certainly not the wooden marionette-like characterisation, incongruous rock music score or plot schisms. However I suppose the door into this film is clearly labelled...

10. William's rating of the film Deep Red

David Hemmings spends 10+ minutes of screen time (accompanied by Goblin funking it up of course) wandering around the old mansion, but his thoroughness in wall-scraping leaves much to be desired.

11. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Deep Red

12. andretz's rating of the film Deep Red

13. Michael Peer's rating of the film Deep Red

While I am by no means a Dario Argento aficionado, of what I've seen - DEEP RED is easily my favorite film of his oeuvre. What surprised me wasn't the horror and shocking gore, it was his human moments. The best scene Argento has ever directed is the arm-wrestling scene in this film. It's hilarious and had me giddy. The rest of the film is beautiful and shocking with a haunting score that was sampled in Noe's LOVE.

14. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Deep Red

15. Patricia's rating of the film Deep Red

Very interesting film, sad how the mom ruined the boy, hence the drinking and crazy life the murder leads. For a minute I thought is was the gay lover, but no I was wrong lol

16. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Deep Red

17. sizelando's rating of the film Deep Red

Quite fascinating, incredibly orchestrated murder scenes, some lapses in attention in between.

18. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Deep Red

19. babycakesromero's rating of the film Deep Red

why is this film so good? cos dario agento made it and that man knows what he is doing. a beautiful horror show

20. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Deep Red

I enjoyed the setpeices and the grandiose, baroque visual style. The MUBI version was English language dubbed into Italian with English subtitles. This was endlessly distracting.

21. Dogville59's rating of the film Deep Red

This was so good. So many twists, grisly murders, awesome cinematography and colours. Almost constant suspense and even the humorous aspects heightened the tension because they didn't fit in with the scene. No wonder Dario Argento is so respected amongst filmmakers.

22. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Deep Red

Excellent beginning, beautiful images, weak ending.

23. ant's rating of the film Deep Red

Amazing cinematography, amazing soundtrack, fair amount of gory scenes. Pity it's all dubbed, I wonder if it was shot in english.

24. McOpinionated's rating of the film Deep Red

Not unwatchable, but maybe one for the cinema historian rather than someone who enjoys films and had better things to do than watch (most of) this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7