1. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Devil's Knot

2.6 This is the failed companion piece to "The Sweet Hereafter". Somehow the stirring case turned into a strangely uninteresting film.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Devil's Knot

*1/2. Reese Witherspoon's worst performance to date. It's clearly a producer movie and I hope that Atom Egoyan accepted the job only because he had tax arrears to pay. Now as the accusers are as pitiful as the accused according to the director, I really don't have an opinion about this case. Already forgotten.

3. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Devil's Knot

West Memphis Three : 3 ados condamnés en 1994 pour les meurtres en 1993 de 3 enfants de 8 ans. Damien Echols à la peine de mort, Jessie Misskelley & Jason Baldwin à perpétuité, lors d'un procès pour rituel satanique. Libérés 18 ans après, lors d'une révision à l'américaine, leur innocence fut reconnue alors que paradoxalement les poursuivants détenaient suffisamment de preuves pour les faire condamner.

4. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Devil's Knot

5. N!nA's rating of the film Devil's Knot

There was sth weird about Colin Firth's voice and way of talking...

6. Peach Cobbler's rating of the film Devil's Knot

Just watch Paradise Lost. I really wanted to like this but it fell so far short of anything insightful that I honestly hated it. It offered no new information as to the West Memphis Three case, in fact some of the story was misleading. I don't understand why this was made, and made so poorly.

7. orangey's rating of the film Devil's Knot

not a great movie by any means, and certainly not one of Egoyan's best. In spite of this it still makes you wonder why it got the lackluster reception it did

8. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Devil's Knot

Some casting choices are on the point like Kevin Durand, others are very difficult to overcome. The leading lady Reese seems to have made no study on the character - except maybe for the tv interview. Not a great movie but not a terrible one either.

9. daniel v's rating of the film Devil's Knot

Easily one of the worst films I've ever seen.

10. Your Friend's rating of the film Devil's Knot

Pointless. Terrible. Poorly made.

11. msmichel's rating of the film Devil's Knot

Why? It's not terrible...just why? The 'Paradise Lost' trilogy is a masterpiece. 'West of Memphis' was a serviceable tell all. Now suddenly a director capable of better tells an abbreviated version designed as a star vehicle for Firth and Witherspoon. Why? A miscalculation on most every level save a moving school room scene. One has a feeling of a 70's TV movie with 'A" production values.

12. robin's rating of the film Devil's Knot

I get the feeling that none of the cast and crew know what this is supposed to be. Almost everything is awful, from screenplay to performances, especially Witherspoon's. Kudos only to Hamrick and Dehaan. Poor representation of a very complex murder case.

13. Pymo's rating of the film Devil's Knot

when you don't know how to tell a story...

14. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Devil's Knot

The result is pretty much artificial and narratively distorted, as everything is presented in a hasty, confused, and imprecise manner. (1.5 star)

15. Mitch Fillion's rating of the film Devil's Knot

Walked out of the theatre. It's so bad. Don't go see it. Watch West of Memphis and leave it at that. The story works great as a documentary but I've seen reenactments on Unsolved Mysteries that were done better than this dramatization. Unfortunately this was my first Atom Egoyan film, and though I hear some of his other films are good I probably won't even check them out now after seeing this garbage. Wow!

16. Cinematic's rating of the film Devil's Knot

Where are you, Atom Egoyan? This movie is like seeing him abandoning his soul in a dark corner.