1. FISCHER's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

>>> Breillat délaisse la provocation pour l'évocation réussie d'un amour paradoxal... www.cinefiches.com

2. T Mills's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

This goes in my unofficial "Bad Lieutenant" series. I feel like it could be called "Bad Lieutenant: France". Brasseur is really what holds the film together. He's magnificent. I would love to plunge into his other work. The ending was interesting but it did not work for me, otherwise a great crime drama and portrait of a policeman.

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

A reworking of That Obscure Object of Desire, especially heightened in shots with Barbara/Lio and doorways, which are fraught for her! Hard to rate fairly because of the realistic misogyny, rape, and all around ridiculous Gallic behavior of the men. That said, it's highly tonic to see it portrayed without being glamorized and asking us to excuse it. The gun collection in Georges's bedroom is a funny Buñuel-type slam.

4. David R Williams's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

Desire. Betrayal. The failure of flesh. How easily lust can turn to hatred, fascination to disgust. It is all surface: love, friendship, loyalty. Mere words revealed to be as fragile as tissue paper, easily shredded by the actions of the characters revealing who they really are within, characters who lie, cheat, mistreat and finally show how much they despise each other...how much they have always despised each other

5. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

Gotta give it to her: Grade-A Beyoatch!!!

6. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

What starts as a police procedural becomes, by its middle section, Last Tango in Paris, detective edition. Not as raw as Breillat's other psychosexual dramas, the best scene in the movie involves a 15-minute long take where the cop seduces the wife of his partner. You never know what the wife thinks of the affair -- does she like the seduction or is she being forced into it? A subtle and nuanced character study.

7. Mitch's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

Wow. I really did not like this clutch of personality traits looking for a motivation. Not like an American thriller and strange even for a French one.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

The plot disintegrated near the end in an attempt to make a statement. Machismo is more important than friendship. Not caring makes her the winner.

9. Max's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

Anyone know where I can see this?

10. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Dirty Like an Angel

That she originally wrote this for Pialat doesn't surprise me. It seems, for a while, to be more in his wheelhouse than hers, but once the seduction scene arrives it's all Breillat up till the galvanizing final shot (she really has a way with those).