1. Myles's rating of the film Hugo

Scorsese directed THIS? THIS??

2. kartina obskura's rating of the film Hugo

3. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Hugo

4. Corriel's rating of the film Hugo

Good and nice but not exceptional. (3.5)

5. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Hugo

Very underrated Scorcese film. I found it completely enchanting, especially in the second half when he is able to demonstrate his love of cinema and its contribution to humanity.

6. hamsa's rating of the film Hugo

i completely fell in love with this movie.

7. Violet Rien's rating of the film Hugo

8. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Hugo

With Hugo, Scorcese tapped into some Wes Anderson aesthetics mixed with new digital technologies. Visually then, this movie is absolutely breathtaking from start to finish. The story is a little melodramatic but it is enough to sustain it as a beautiful and easy to watch film, with some hints of cinephilia in it.

9. Le temps perdu's rating of the film Hugo

It looks great but the story is boring and predictable.

10. wiwitaek's rating of the film Hugo

Will be a completely brilliant movie if it's not made from cgi, better written character in the script, and get rid of clichés for mainstream bait. +1 only for George Méliès history.

11. Nayo Aragón's rating of the film Hugo

4 porque todo intento de homenajear a melies es oro

12. nejurgi's rating of the film Hugo

13. Nicole Cahali's rating of the film Hugo

14. James Mackin's rating of the film Hugo

I think this should've won Best Picture. It's a really good kids film about cinephilia.

15. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Hugo

16. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film Hugo

17. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Hugo

18. SpacePirate's rating of the film Hugo

He really screwed the pooch here. How do you make a movie about one of the pioneers of film so awful and unwatchable? Would've left halfway through if I wasn't seeing it with friends. Pardon me while I go shit on the rest of his catalog as well...

19. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Hugo

If the simple act of capturing the past and keeping it alive is one of the most magical concepts of cinema, what's the use of making it more "magical"? Scorsese try to invoke the golden age of cinema and Paris at the start of the 20th century through clichés, all we have is a film specially made for people who read trivial and vague history books about movies. Or Roger Ebert reviews.

20. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Hugo

Whatever Martin Scorsese had in mind, this one did not work for me. Great cinematography. Great cast (despite everything and against all odds). However, bottom line, it's boring. I am saying this with tears in my eyes...

21. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Hugo

22. Hani's rating of the film Hugo

The wonderful simple snipers of George Milies made the massive budget Hugo look so bad. It was a self-shaming film by Scorsese. (2 stars cuz I watched it in 3D, 1star if it was 2)

23. Andreea Serpe's rating of the film Hugo