1. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film General Report

A collage of filmmaking styles used to add the appropriate theatre to what is, really, a collection of banal conversations by men in rooms, repeating themselves to cover up the fact that they have as good idea as anyone what will happen next. I enjoyed it a lot. Portabella was a true visionary - and you can see Bunuel as an influence in the comic-satire scenes.

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film General Report

I would've watched this for seven hours.

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film General Report

The opening is some of the most badass footage I have seen and had me thinking this was going to be the best doc ever, but sadly, it lost steam quickly and meandered on for an hour too long. I will say that some of the conversations were very poignant and effective and the directing style felt unobtrusive in these moments. Overall, a good doc, but after the great opening cant help but feel slightly let down. 3 stars

4. Superfrog's rating of the film General Report

So rough in style and cut that while the discussions would normally interest me, I just phase out. Rushes more than a film.

5. Peter's rating of the film General Report

Gave up after half an hour I'm afraid. There's only so many scenes of men talking soberly about weighty matters that I can take. I then flicked through the rest of the film and at every moment I stopped it it was much the same (does any woman get a chance to express her view in this film?). Dull.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film General Report

While this is a decent historical document, it it also quite dull and overlong. People take part in discussions about how Spain can best transition from a dictatorship to a democracy, and that is really about all there is to it. Not eactly gripping entertainment.

7. Steve5by5's rating of the film General Report

Some insightful conversations and history but painfully slow at times. I enjoyed learning about the history but thats all hidden in the middle of the documentary so if you're not in the know the long drawn out conversation at the beginning are a struggle. Also found that it needed to be more balanced with 95% of the focus on the same type of person. Needed some woman and youth in there to offer their opinion too.

8. DrFirestone's rating of the film General Report

General Report deserves to be rated for what it is - a unique, beautifully filmed, and intriguing bled of political debates, real (by now historical) footage, and fictional characters used for narration. I quite liked the music too. It can be overwhelming, as it deals with a specific time in the Spanish history. Nonetheless, this document offers some great insight into Europe of the 1970s.

9. Slappy McGee's rating of the film General Report

I'm sure that there are some people who are really interested in a documentary about '70s politics in Spain told in an extremely dry manner with people sitting around talking to each other in boring monotones.... .... buuuuuuuuuut .... ...I'm not one of them, of course.

10. anarresti's rating of the film General Report

Brilliant. A great document to watch again, now that Cataluña has proclaimed its independence. We can see that after Francoism, there was an expectation that autonomies were recognized in Spain and there was talk about a Federal State. This is such a brilliant piece of activist historical documentary. Can't wait to see the second part.

11. Fab S's rating of the film General Report

Comprendre l'Espagne en 2017 par le biais d'un film qui a près de 40 ans, impressionnant

12. SiIencio's rating of the film General Report

Very narrow scope in what seems to be a General Report of what meant for Post-Francoist Spain to join at once both Europe and Democracy. But Portabella floods the screen with Baroque debates from career politicians early fine-tuning their viscous oratory full of expectations and mumbo jumbo. Perhaps the early aspiration of Spain as a federalist state is the most significant -if unachieved- find in this archive.

13. Luke Corradine's rating of the film General Report

It is clear in this film, that the consensus after Franco, was to create a multi-national constitution in Spain. Proof of this is the enormous autonomy these regions have enjoyed since . How a region like Catalonya can still play the "victim" card having one of the most autonomous legislations in Europe, baffles me. Long gone is Franco and proof lies in this phenomenal film.

14. captainfez's rating of the film General Report

A lengthy political sausage-fest.

15. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film General Report

16. ejonline's rating of the film General Report

I found this to interesting and informative rather than engrossing. Watching in 2017 made me feel like I was rummaging through an archive, which is fun enough on its own, but best when you have specific questions you are looking to answer. I didn't find myself considering the implications for fiction and reality - rather I was trying to make sense of the small doctrinal differences that seemed to matter to people.

17. Irmax's rating of the film General Report

2 1/2 hours of rigorous deliberation on Spain's "transition" from Franco's Fascist regime to democracy without a single female voice taken into account. Portabella's imagining of the possibilities/challenges of democratic transition oozes testosterone.

18. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film General Report

Visionary documentary on the first steps of the Spanish democracy after Franco's regime.

19. raymondox's rating of the film General Report

I stuck with this. And I was rewarded. It gave a stunning view on how politics should work and a great insight to Spain's current Catalonian situation. I look forward to General Report 2

20. José Neves's rating of the film General Report

An exemplary political film: living from inside the wills and resistances of a particular historical context, flying with the camera the modes and instances of its speeches and actions, articulating oppositions with/and confrontations. In an unique articulated text, which is the body of the film itself. See how in the beginning the approach to Franco's tomb resembles a horror movie and the street protests a thriller.

21. Laura Suffield's rating of the film General Report

Outstanding. Austere, elegant and beautifully structured documentary which seems strangely prescient in its choice of themes and issues. One is left feeling that many hopes were unrealised, many inspirations unfulflled and that the truly constituent democracy so often referred to in the film remains to be achieved.

22. Casanorte's rating of the film General Report

Un gran archivo histórico que también puede resultar muy pesado, sobre todo por su duración. Recomendable solo para alguien que esté particularmente interesado en conocer más sobre el contexto sociopolítico de los primeros años de la "transición" democrática de España.

23. Sin título.'s rating of the film General Report

Una narración lúgubre y siniestra que toma las sobras del régimen de aquel que durante muchos años respondió por España ante Dios y el Tiempo a la vez que nos transporta por el hecho incómodo que atormenta a todos los hijos del régimen, nadie puede negar y evitar repetir las enseñanzas del mundo que lo vio crecer.

24. F.Bieberkopf's rating of the film General Report

Underwhelmed, quite surprisingly since I otherwise like Portabella. This was just agonizingly long, even for something as important as transition from a dictatorship to democracy. I will settle anyday for a more eventful Marker ('Grin without a cat'- like). The film betrayed any sense of progression, struck in a moment with a historic preoccupation that fails to engage beyond scenes of protests and demonstrations.