1. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Limite

Even harder to follow than A Page of Madness, and a bit like homework. But use your eyes: the imagery is not simply beautiful, but evocative, a stream of visual cues about painful entrapment set against a natural world that feels boundless. Each reeling shot—which direction is up?—feels both inscrutable and deliberate. Tack on another star if you, unlike me, think obscure poetic narrative is why god invented cameras.

2. Jason's rating of the film Limite

They amazingly-not-vanished-into-the-ether LIMITE is a real cinematic UFO, God bless it. One of those movies - and one from what were still the anything-seems-possible early days - that seems to have been hatched in the head of a visionary, independent of obvious influence. That being said: the origination of the film in a magazine photo Peixoto saw in Paris in '29 does speak to a presiding air of Frenchness.

3. JanaMat's rating of the film Limite

We're all in the same boat.

4. Paula Toni's rating of the film Limite

visto na cinemateca que pegou fogo aliás hoje de manhã

5. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Limite

I finally understood why it is cult. Very original shots and style for that time

6. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Limite

Some very strong imagery, but stops to smell the dandelions far too often and I couldn't make heads or tails out of what was going on.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film Limite

All I can say is I don't know what to say about this silent, avant-grade film. You better watch it for yourself, and you tell me!

8. Scott Barley's rating of the film Limite

9. Abdul Malik's rating of the film Limite

`Not the best "It's mdinight what do I watch" movie. But fantastic, all told.

10. Cavale's rating of the film Limite

Despite this film being 80 years old, it felt very present, and I felt present as well...

11. Sergio Lopez's rating of the film Limite

12. R. .'s rating of the film Limite

13. Rodrigo's rating of the film Limite

Considerado o melhor filme brasileiro de todos os tempos, é um mergulho profundo nos questionamentos e angústias dos homens. Mostra a história de 3 pessoas q estão à deriva num barco, e fazendo um retrospectiva de suas vidas. O filme é cheio de metáforas e simbolismos q mexem muito c a gente. MUITO BOM!!!

14. chanandre's rating of the film Limite

One of the best films i've ever seen.

15. Narda's rating of the film Limite

You're right, it's almost 2 hours. An evidence of its poor reputation is that in 1960 G. Sadoul reached Rio, in his Brazilian trip, only to see this film. But he couldn't see it because it was undergoing restoration, that lasted two decades

16. Low's rating of the film Limite

Beautiful. I hope Criterion or Eureka is releasing this.

17. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Limite

It's a masterpiece. But you NEED to watch it with time and mind totally devoted to it, because it is a very freaking slow movie, though a rewarding one! The cinematography is very, very good.

18. Walberto's rating of the film Limite

A remarkable film. I think this film could be compared to that of the poetic cinema of Dovzhenko.