1. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Sun Song

There was a point where watching this I had an incredibly visceral reaction that nearly provoked anxiety in me. And all that was happening was people riding a bus. In silence, and with the light of the rising sun coming through the windows and both illuminating and casting shadow over the interior landscape of a North Carolina public transit vehicle and its residents.

2. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Sun Song

This is why I am a Mubi fan! Wish we saw more of this kind of thing. I love the bus as rolling observatory/eyeball/camera/cinema analogue. And on the one hand, Rosa Parks would be much happier nowadays on the bus, but she might not be happy that her people are often stuck riding the bus long distances with multiple changes to have access to work far from home while wealthy folks drive SUVs and can live closer to work

3. caitlin.f's rating of the film Sun Song

why do white men feel like they need to tell everyone else's story for them?

4. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Sun Song

A keen eye lends this short the feeling of an excellent b-roll. Whatever meaning you get out of it is not inherent to the footage, but the person - like all film, this is a simple Rorschach. But without necessary purpose.

5. RockFuzzEleven's rating of the film Sun Song

The audio doesn't work on this one, neither does the subtitles, so I couldn't really understand what was going on. Two stars, because I'll assume that the missing audio would have made it better.

6. David R Williams's rating of the film Sun Song

the beauty of the mundane. the rhythm of the ordinary. arcs of flame crawl over smooth metal. a mother's love. a long trip. the morning sky forming above a corridor of streetlights. the sun casts luminous fog across window glass. light causes shadow to flicker playfully. a smile a watchful eye something is said.

7. Adam S. Hacker's rating of the film Sun Song

I glimpse into the life with very little effort.

8. mpho3's rating of the film Sun Song

9. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Sun Song

Ever seen black folk sitting on the bus? I have. "The more I lived and worked in Durham, the more vividly I began to see that many legacies of slavery and racism were alive and well." Oh really?!?....what a revelation. I bet Mr. Wanek hid his camera under his coat. Or maybe he just stuck it in their faces like he was at the city zoo. By the way, Sun Ra was from Alabama, New York and Philly, not North Carolina.

10. Zac Weber's rating of the film Sun Song

The dancing light was mesmerizing and these faces on the bus sure seem familiar. I think audio would have enhanced the overall effect of the film, but I appreciated the use of the camera in the cinema of attractions tradition—a medium of moving images.

11. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film Sun Song

This review is constructed of pure silence. And there are 362 characters remaining.

12. Byram's rating of the film Sun Song

I must admit, I'm a pretty easy sell on experimental films, indie films, and film studies. This one just didn't do much for me. Although I loved the plays with light and the gradual shift over time, the faces of the people watching their day begin on the bus, this one just didn't speak to me.

13. Eric Parsons's rating of the film Sun Song

Beautiful study in humanity, blackness in America, public transit, and working class Americans.

14. Steve73's rating of the film Sun Song

A poetic journey through moving light and shadows that evokes elements of sci-fi as Black American passengers reflect and hope for a better future despite North Carolina's deep history of racial divide.

15. Barry Dever's rating of the film Sun Song

On the surface, this is just a film documenting a bus ride. I feel as if there are some messages being portrayed, but they are too obscure to realize. Maybe it is supposed to show that there will always be sunshine even if it comes and goes. Maybe it means to express that many people are not social in social situations except for the last woman. There is not much that is intriguing. Overall, it is not worth watching.

16. Camilo A. Malagon's rating of the film Sun Song

One of the most suggestive shorts that I have seen in a very long time. Absolutely stunning and fascinating.

17. David Richards's rating of the film Sun Song

A meditation on light, shadows and reflections as well as a study of the faces of bus passengers, most of whom don't appear to know they are being filmed. Only one woman at the end seems to look into the camera. It manages to discover enchantment in the everyday and urges us to overcome boredom by paying attention.

18. Kevin's rating of the film Sun Song

In Chicago, Sun Ra lives thru free jazz and many followers. In the US, the racism in NC is real, just as in Chicago, all demonstrated by the recent election and future white house, never whiter. I missed sound, I missed pure light at the end, I missed the bliss that is Sun Ra

19. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Sun Song

A silent 15 minute avant-garde film showing us various people riding a bus. Lots of pretty looks at the landscape and sunlight out of the windows. Interesting faces with no stories attached. More of a study than a film.

20. Emil's rating of the film Sun Song

Es muy curiosa! Un viaje inesperado! Silencio sobre todo, viendo amanecer y luna...magico!

21. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Sun Song

22. Chris C K's rating of the film Sun Song

23. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Sun Song

I can tell when white people are shooting people of color.

24. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Sun Song

Wow, one of the most transcendent works I have seen in a long time. Who would have thought you could turn a bus ride into a thing of such luminous beauty.. is a unique work crossing travelogue with something of Dorsky, and documentary D :D