1. Gylfi's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

A great horror film and the German expressionistic style at its best. Haunting images, stunning set design and a wild plot makes this a must see film.

2. Aimee's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Conrad Veidt, hell yeah.

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Characters wandering through expressionist paintings. Masterpiece.

4. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

It reminds me of the things I dream about while I'm asleep at night. This film really gives you that feeling of walking down an abandoned street at night where everything seems to be some kind of imposing threat. Visually, this is one of the most well-composed films I've seen, the art direction and lighting are out of this world. It hasn't aged a bit.

5. Zoe Wanda Margot's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

6. comeandsee's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

fascinating and really compelling. the set design was very gothic and reminded me of early tim burton as well as charles laughton's night of the hunter. the twists were excellent too. visually a real treat, not to mention that it has a great deal of plot and gets through it with such style. i really was impressed this piece.

7. Thomaz Amancio's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

A masterpiece with and ending that multiplies its greatness.

8. Pradipta Mitra's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I probably was inclined to dislike this movie. But it was quite striking.

9. Harriet Matthews's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

"Du Musst Caligari Werden!" I first saw this film when I was studying Film at A Level, and sort of fell in love with the whole aesthetic of it. I love how the actor's faces are painted to look like they're shadowed, and the strange, crooked perspective of the sets - plus Conrad Veidt was mesmerising as Cesare.

10. Nigel Mallet's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Dark and confusing, the film that lead to Film Noir, with many of the crew escaping to America before WWII. Strange and unsettling, one is drawn into the narrative, mesmerised by Cesar's story. With a terrifying denoument that leaves the audience questioning its' own sanity. Brilliant

11. George Fok's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Is it only me? "Shutter Island" and "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari", anyone see their similarity?

12. Nosada's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

13. Matt Kilgore's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Everybody always blames the somnabulist.

14. Seth Farmer's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

i may be mistaken but i do believe the running time is wrong

15. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

There are few more important or more influential horror films in cinematic history than Robert Wiene's German Expressionist masterpiece, THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI. The film that started the Expressionist movement, CALIGARI is a frenzied, stylish nightmare about a mad psychiatrist and his murderous somnambulist, Cesar. From the dynamic, dreamlike design to the oft-copied twist, CALIGARI has never been equaled.

16. Phil Worfel's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Great plot and a peerless work of art. Tim Burton will die trying to replicate it.

17. Nicole Cecile Holland's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

A magnificent and beautiful work of art.

18. patrick's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

19. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The Everest of german expressionism. An ambiguos, terrifying and terrific tale.

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →