1. darioscha's rating of the film The Imprint

documental político centrado en una lenta dialéctica fotográfica que invita a recorrer la imagen en cada detalle de su recuerdo, dolor, frustración, memoria.

2. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film The Imprint

"We are a mass. A functional mass of elements. Of fluids, of tissues, of minerals, of water. We are this. We are not: 'from dust we came and to dust we return.' We don't become dust. We become amorphous mass, putrid, pestilent, pieces that resemble rocks and pieces of other things. We are much closer to the constitution of other things much more than we think or we would like to think."

3. katerpink's rating of the film The Imprint

So just a quick powerful reminder of Peru's nightmare, which was not so long ago.

4. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film The Imprint

In 18 minutes we only see couple of pictures, but the way pictures are shown makes the movie really impressive.

5. Chearth's rating of the film The Imprint

6. Gisèle Kérosène's rating of the film The Imprint

7. captainfez's rating of the film The Imprint

If you like decapitated corpses and burned villages, THIS IS THE SHORT FOR YOU!

8. fearraigh's rating of the film The Imprint

Given Le Fresnoy's involvement, I'm wondering if it's a student film. Regardless of whether it is or not, it's damn impressive. An unerringly haunting tone pervades the film and it wrenches poetry out of the most terrible things. Not sure if the soliloquy on dust is a deliberate nod to Guzmán's Nostalgia for the Light but this is a worthy companion piece for that masterpiece.

9. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Imprint

Extremely hard to watch sometimes. Still images and a great sound design can truly be more powerful than moving images.

10. Bilouaustria's rating of the film The Imprint

Exploring the recent History of Peru with photo archives and interesting sound work. It is never dull and illustrative but more like a try at adding something with the sound : atmosphere, poetry, to make it personal. Sadowski is not Chris Marker though, her proposition comes closer to what Patricio Guzmán offers. Very good short on a under-the-radar topic.

11. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Imprint

12. Imago Vanitas's rating of the film The Imprint

Un sacudir el polvo de lo acontecido en la memoria. La cámara transita con poesía sobre los gránulos impresos de la tragedia.

13. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film The Imprint

An astonishing montage of sometimes beautiful, often harrowing black & white photographs depicting the violence in Peru committed by various paramilitary and insurgent groups over many years. A haunting work, meticulously researched.