1. jxn's rating of the film The Watermelon Woman

found this gem in a charity shop for $2 within a mass dump of lesbian dvds including short film collections and 4 misc seasons of the l word. my copy will surely be passed around friends for a while.

2. Sarah E. Fonseca's rating of the film The Watermelon Woman

3.5 / Such an awesome queer cinema gem that's currently finding a second wind with a different generation. Hot sex scenes, solid jokes, great style. There's not a member of this crew and cast who hasn't gone onto enjoy a really fruitful career. Love, love, love Sarah Schulman's cameo parodying the archivists at the Lesbian Herstory Archives in Brooklyn. Too real.

3. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film The Watermelon Woman

4. Kasey's rating of the film The Watermelon Woman

A very interesting topic, I didn't know that the Watermelon Woman was made up until the very end of the film. I've never seen anything like it and it honestly really inspired me and my own filmmaking.

5. Nikola's rating of the film The Watermelon Woman

Even though I 'get' what the movie is supposed to be, I just couldn't get past the awful production/acting/overall effect. Dunye has fallen in love a little too much with her own metaphors.

6. Lee Bullitt's rating of the film The Watermelon Woman

7. C. Ralph's rating of the film The Watermelon Woman

Overall, I wasn't very impressed with this mockumentary film, but I must say that Cheryl Dunye's performance is engaging. I can partially see where she was going with this, and I like her train of thought. I just don't think her execution matched her potential, but this was probably due to their budget. Lastly, I must add that Cheryl is so absolutely, downright sexy in this film! I was totally jealous of Guinevere...