1. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Undertow

A rip-roaring scream of a film that comes galloping out of the starting blocks at absolute full-tilt. Wonderful and enjoyable, a film that touches on family and mythos in a great way, let down only slightly a closing chapter that doesn't quite sit right.

2. Alexandru's rating of the film Undertow

Jamie Bell and Devon Alan have superb performances. the story is good. the atmosphere is great represented, the darkness to it. I liked the relationship between the 2 brothers. Nice imagery, nice music.

3. Michael Diers's rating of the film Undertow

Etwas gewöhnungsbedürftige Schnitte und Erzählweise, jedoch sehr bewegend in der doppelten Darstellung des Zusammenhalts, bzw. des Hasses zweier unterschiedlicher Brüder.

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Undertow

5. John's rating of the film Undertow

I was blissfully on the DGG train before this film. I understand the southern gothic fairytale he's going for, but for whatever reason, nothing about it worked for me. Came across as vapid melodrama, albeit beautifully shot.

6. Max Swanson's rating of the film Undertow

David Gordon Green does Southern Gothic to strangely fascinating results.

7. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Undertow

Avec Witner's Bone et Mud un de mes films préférés dans la tradition de Delivrance.

8. Ilaq's rating of the film Undertow

9. Axel's rating of the film Undertow

Le Mississippi des 70’s avec ses Ford Torino et ses shérifs dans un thriller-road-movie : on s’y croirait. Tous les détails, les gouttes de sueur, les volutes de fumée, évoquent l’angoisse et les non-dits des rapports familiaux. Le contraste entre le grand-frère protecteur et le petit-frère faiblard peut sembler simpliste, mais l’alchimie est là et montre que le schéma de Caïn et Abel ne se reproduit pas toujours.

10. fada19's rating of the film Undertow

un très beau film sur la fratrie

11. Julius GL's rating of the film Undertow

The mood is quite interesting, but because of the sum of incoherences, it makes me difficult to keep being interested.

12. s.sh@hotmail.de's rating of the film Undertow

UNNÖTIGER Film... einfach nur langweilig…

13. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Undertow

14. lisa's rating of the film Undertow

really cool style that i'm having trouble describing

15. Matt Pastor's rating of the film Undertow

Was fantastic, and the music.

16. dialupmodem's rating of the film Undertow

it's so good! I love the American south done like this!

17. Erika Jane's rating of the film Undertow

I liked the stylised snapshot at the end of the scenes and Jamie Bell is great.

18. Yulia Gaidakova's rating of the film Undertow

a poor attempt at gutsy drama - not action thriller, not heart wrenching drama- it falls into a void of mediocre attempts to combine the two

19. chazell's rating of the film Undertow

20. raggiodisole's rating of the film Undertow

A touch of the Southern Gothic I guess, but patchy and lacked verite in places. Definitely started better than it ended

21. anwoody's rating of the film Undertow

Underdeveloped: Probably just as well with the weak acting and unimaginative plot. Lacks real impact or poignancy. Very average fare.

22. harringtonellie's rating of the film Undertow

David Gordon Green, if your intention was to manipulate my emotions in a way that was both enjoyable and terrifying for me, then well done! Subtle, yet completely captivating. Green uses the enduring love of two brothers to gain our trust and then drops them into a world of torment. I dare you to not empathise. As Holly Hunter's character O'Reilly states in 'A Life Less Ordinary' "Jeopardy, Jackson, always works!"

23. Benji's rating of the film Undertow

Why does he force his son to work with pigs, if he has the means for a better life? And the children's choir (a la Damian-type music any time there was action).

24. janh24's rating of the film Undertow

Hardly The Night of the Hunter, but enjoyable in its own right.