1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Undertow

2. John's rating of the film Undertow

I was blissfully on the DGG train before this film. I understand the southern gothic fairytale he's going for, but for whatever reason, nothing about it worked for me. Came across as vapid melodrama, albeit beautifully shot.

3. Max Swanson's rating of the film Undertow

David Gordon Green does Southern Gothic to strangely fascinating results.

4. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Undertow

Avec Witner's Bone et Mud un de mes films préférés dans la tradition de Delivrance.

5. Ilaq's rating of the film Undertow

6. Axel's rating of the film Undertow

Le Mississippi des 70’s avec ses Ford Torino et ses shérifs dans un thriller-road-movie : on s’y croirait. Tous les détails, les gouttes de sueur, les volutes de fumée, évoquent l’angoisse et les non-dits des rapports familiaux. Le contraste entre le grand-frère protecteur et le petit-frère faiblard peut sembler simpliste, mais l’alchimie est là et montre que le schéma de Caïn et Abel ne se reproduit pas toujours.

7. fada19's rating of the film Undertow

un très beau film sur la fratrie

8. Julius GL's rating of the film Undertow

The mood is quite interesting, but because of the sum of incoherences, it makes me difficult to keep being interested.

9. s.sh@hotmail.de's rating of the film Undertow

UNNÖTIGER Film... einfach nur langweilig…

10. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Undertow

11. lisa's rating of the film Undertow

really cool style that i'm having trouble describing

12. Matt Pastor's rating of the film Undertow

Was fantastic, and the music.

13. dialupmodem's rating of the film Undertow

it's so good! I love the American south done like this!

14. Erika Jane's rating of the film Undertow

I liked the stylised snapshot at the end of the scenes and Jamie Bell is great.

15. Yulia Gaidakova's rating of the film Undertow

a poor attempt at gutsy drama - not action thriller, not heart wrenching drama- it falls into a void of mediocre attempts to combine the two

16. chazell's rating of the film Undertow

17. raggiodisole's rating of the film Undertow

A touch of the Southern Gothic I guess, but patchy and lacked verite in places. Definitely started better than it ended

18. anwoody's rating of the film Undertow

Underdeveloped: Probably just as well with the weak acting and unimaginative plot. Lacks real impact or poignancy. Very average fare.

19. harringtonellie's rating of the film Undertow

David Gordon Green, if your intention was to manipulate my emotions in a way that was both enjoyable and terrifying for me, then well done! Subtle, yet completely captivating. Green uses the enduring love of two brothers to gain our trust and then drops them into a world of torment. I dare you to not empathise. As Holly Hunter's character O'Reilly states in 'A Life Less Ordinary' "Jeopardy, Jackson, always works!"

20. Benji's rating of the film Undertow

Why does he force his son to work with pigs, if he has the means for a better life? And the children's choir (a la Damian-type music any time there was action).

21. janh24's rating of the film Undertow

Hardly The Night of the Hunter, but enjoyable in its own right.

22. Nic's rating of the film Undertow

Overall, I agree with other reviews for this work. The plot is interesting enough but drags along around the middle. The most redeeming quality in my opinion is the editing style and techniques which make the scenes snappier. Honourable mention to Jamie Bell for his performance.

23. chanandre's rating of the film Undertow

Great song by Warpaint. Hope to see this film soon, though...

24. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Undertow

An interesting mash up of blacksploitation film style with the more poetic and atmospheric work of something from Terrence Malick. The film takes awhile to get going and concludes with the expected ending which to be honest the film left me expecting a different conclusion.