1. belemir's rating of the film Veronika Voss

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Veronika Voss

She's a little too young to be Gloria Swanson, though I suppose this is where it starts. This is less about the cruelty of the motion picture business, and more about collective guilt. In ordinary situations, you just want to be an artist and forget about politics. This just happened not to be that kind of situation. Gorgeous cinematography.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Veronika Voss

Oeuvre étonnante, envoûtante, d'une sincérité et d'une beauté remarquables... www.cinefiches.com

4. James Mackin's rating of the film Veronika Voss

Definitely less typical Fassbinder than I'd come to expect, which makes sense for an homage to Sunset Boulevard. But still, love is ruining everything, so that's nice.

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Veronika Voss

And now the best of the BRD trilogy, and one of Fassbinder’s best period (from what I’ve seen). Captures that 50s melodrama feel, but also a Hollywood just a little before that era as well.

6. ShawnD's rating of the film Veronika Voss

It's not unrealistic to think Fassbinder could be making films today if he were alive. Oh, what films they'd be. Though it is hard to think how much Veronika Voss could be improved. Equal parts Von Sternberg and Douglas Sirk, Fassbinder is on top of his game with what has been called his last great film. Cinematography, script and performances are top-shelf, but how about the soundtrack?

7. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Veronika Voss

disappointing to see this lazily coast by on predictable noir tropes after the genius Fear Eats the Soul. hopefully the next Fassbinder joint I check out will be closer to that film's caliber

8. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Veronika Voss

Another great one by maestro-Fass.

9. Vincent T's rating of the film Veronika Voss

10. Ethan's rating of the film Veronika Voss

This is Fassbinder's Sunset Blvd.

11. mad.lucas's rating of the film Veronika Voss

This is the last of Fassbinder's "postwar trilogy", clearly demonstrating a certain level of maturity reached by the director at this point. Playing to an increasingly diminishing fan following, Veronika turns to drugs to cushion her against the cruelties of life. One of the biggest highlights stays with the troubled relationship between the actress and "her best friend".

12. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Veronika Voss

13. HSBilly's rating of the film Veronika Voss

A star that shine too much.

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Veronika Voss

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-22e

15. El Biffo's rating of the film Veronika Voss

16. kartina obskura's rating of the film Veronika Voss

i think fassy has literary the maddest parties on the film <3

17. Stevie's rating of the film Veronika Voss

Tragically, Fassbinder's last masterpiece. The cinematography is stunning. Black and white has rarely looked better. Contains excellently balanced portions of melodrama and psychological horror.

18. wmk's rating of the film Veronika Voss

I've seen this perhaps ten times and remain most fascinated by the presence of the American serviceman (who says little as he crashes most of the scenes at Frau Doktor Katz's clinic) and the American music that anachronistically cuts into Ms. Voss' dramatic and ongoing decline.

19. Amy Sung's rating of the film Veronika Voss

It's so ironic for women.....the more beautiful and famous you are, the harder it is to endure the road downhill. It's a good reminder to us females that fame and fortune built on physical beauty doesn't last. Better get a career with longer shelf life.

20. Thomas's rating of the film Veronika Voss

Reminds me of the Hollywood movies made during the period this film takes place. My least favorite of the trilogy, but it is Fassbinder so it is still an excellent film.

21. DSPRKY's rating of the film Veronika Voss

Now this is one film that needs to be in black and white.

22. Daniela's rating of the film Veronika Voss

Really good. My first Fassbinder. And yes, as mentioned, this would make a good double feature with Sunset Blvd

23. Zach A's rating of the film Veronika Voss

Would be wonderful to watch as a double feature with Sunset Blvd.

24. Sadhaka's rating of the film Veronika Voss

Noir/melodrama, Fassbinder style. Descent down the UFA dream factory.