- A light and bright start: here's the first trailer for Andrew Bujalski's marvelous workplace comedy Support the Girls. We cannot recommend this movie enough.
- The ecstatic first trailer for writer-director Josephine Decker's avidly anticipated Sundance hit, Madeline's Madeline.
- Andrei Tarkovsky's sophomore masterpiece needs no further introduction—here's the trailer for the sublime restoration of Andrei Rublev (1966) by Janus Films.
- Finally, the long awaited restoration for one of the most seminal films of the 1970s is here: Barbara Loden's Wanda, which by our estimation is a zenith of independent cinema.
- Yet another restoration we're thrilled by: Kevin Brownlow & Andrew Mollo's sly alternate history It Happened Here (1965). Here's a refreshed version of the original trailer.
- Furthering the topic of restorations, here's Martin Scorsese in conversations with Italian filmmakers Jonas Carpignano, Matteo Garrone, Valeria Golino & Alice Rohrwacher at the Il Cinema Ritrovato film festival, regarding the present and future of cinema restorations.
- The conversations with the New Hollywood movie brats continue with this candid and surprisingly intimate master class with Brian De Palma at the Cinematheque Française.
- Finally, artist and filmmaker Shambhavi Kaul, whose films we have shown on MUBI before, has contributed a dreamy new video work to This Long Century.
- Rolling Stone has published a devastating new profile of Johnny Depp, profiling the actor's lawsuit-heavy financial woes and dark suggestions of lifestyle excess and isolation.
- Notebook contributor Ryland Walker Knight has published on his blog a lovely, thoughtful consideration of the late philosopher Stanley Cavell.
- At his blog, the great experimental filmmaker Nathaniel Dorsky reflects on his secondary career as a cameraperson and film editor on films ranging from Michael Roemer's Nothing But a Man (1963) to Revenge of the Cheerleaders (1976).
- Film composer, pioneering electronic musician, and Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence star Ryuichi Sakamoto has provided a rare mix for NTS. In case you missed it, we are releasing the seminal documentary Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda in theaters in coming weeks. Find out more, including screening times and locations, here.
- The production for Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon A Time in Hollywood is now underway, and here's the first look by way of Leonardo DiCaprio's Instagram.
- Just in time for the Wanda revival: Barbara Loden-themed t-shirts are now available (alongside an Elaine May tee!) at Tees-en-Scène.
- Whether Eric Rohmer was a gamer or not, one thing's for sure: he would have definitely been a fan of Shigesato Itoi's Earthbound.
which eric rohmer movie is this from? pic.twitter.com/9wJ1OrlnBo— eli berger (@fivepoisonskid) June 20, 2018